Easy Vegetable Muffins Recipe
For a delicious way to boost your vegetable intake try this easy vegetable muffins recipe as a healthy snack option.
Ingredients (makes 12)
• Melted butter or oil, for greasing
• 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 270g carrots, coarsely grated
• 250g piece butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely grated
• 100g zucchini, trimmed, coarsely grated
• 65g (3/4 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
• 3 eggs, lightly whisked
• 60g (3 tablespoons) oil
1. Preheat oven to 210°C. Brush 12 medium muffin pans with melted butter or oil to grease.
2. Sift the flour and salt together into a large bowl. Add the carrots, pumpkin, zucchini,
cheddar and chives. Toss to combine until the vegetables are well coated with the flour.
Make a well in the centre of the vegetable mixture.
3. Whisk the milk, eggs and butter in a large jug. Pour into the centre of the vegetable
mixture and use a large metal spoon to fold in until just combined. Don’t over mix or the
muffins will be tough.
4. Spoon the mixture into the greased pans and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or
until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack
Kilojoules – 790kJ / 188cal
Total Fat (g) – 7.8g
Saturated Fat (g) – 2.5g
Sodium (mg) – 359mg
Total Carbohydrates – 21.5g
Sugar – 2g
Protein – 6.6g
Fibre – 2.6g
Download the recipe card PDF.VegeMuffins