Looking for a quick and healthy lunch option for the weekend? Try these flavor filled chicken wraps!
A tasty, healthy and light way to enjoy chicken wraps with a twist:
• 1 stick lemongrass, pale section only, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
• 2 teaspoons macadamia oil or sunflower oil
• 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
• 100g sweet potato noodles
• 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
• 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
• 110g (2 cups) trimmed bean sprouts
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 2 teaspoons salt-reduced tamari
• 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
• Fresh mint leaves, to serve
1. Combine lemongrass, lime rind and oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken and toss
to coat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
3. Heat a large wok over high heat. Stir-fry chicken, in 2 batches, for 5 minutes or until golden and
cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Spray the wok with a little oil. Stir-fry the cabbage and carrot
over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Combine the lime juice, tamari, chilli and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Place the
noodles, vegetables and chicken in a bowl. Toss to combine. Divide among lettuce leaves. Top
with fresh mint leaves and drizzle with lime dressing.
Kilojoules – 1223
Total Fat (g) – 5g
Saturated Fat (g) – 1g
Sodium (mg) – 630mg
Total Carbohydrates – 28g
Sugar – 4g
Protein – 28g
Fibre – 6g
Download the recipe card PDF.LimeLemongrassWraps