The mornings are getting colder, and who likes to get up early to make breakfast. Try this great breakfast recipe which you can make ahead of time – and is packed full of antioxidants!
• 2 ½ cups rolled oats
• 1 cups unsweetened apple juice
• 1 granny smith apple, coarsely grated
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
• 1 tbs pepitas
• 1 tbs chia seeds
• 1 small limes, juiced
• 1 cup plain low fat yoghurt
• 1 cup mixed fresh berries blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
• 2 tablespoons honey
1. First, take the oats and place them in a large bowl.
2. Next, you pour over apple juice to cover which will soak them completely, and then you need to give them a good stir.
3. Cover the now moist and almost ready to be delicious oats, and then refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours to let all of that juice soak in.
4. Just before serving, stir in the apple, some almonds, pepitas, lime juice, 3/4 cup yoghurt and 3/4 cup mixed berries to give the muesli some texture and more flavor!
5. Spoon muesli into the bowls you will be serving these in
6. Top with remaining yoghurt and mixed berries to supercharge that flavor sensation a little more!
7. And as if these weren’t great already, to finish off, drizzle over a little honey to add to the yum factor.
8. Serve immediately.
Download the recipe card PDF.BircherMuesliBerries
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au